Why should I join ALTO?
Being a member of ALTO opens the doors to the best in the industry.
ALTO brings together top-notch names in language travel, creating opportunities for you to forge relationships with senior-level executives and engage in high-level knowledge sharing, brainstorming, and idea exchange.
The association provides interactive events several times a year, offering members a chance to openly discuss current challenges and opportunities for growth in the educational travel industry. ALTO also invites high-profile guest speakers to conduct thought-provoking seminars and educational workshops.
The association’s aim is to offer continuous value to its members. ALTO members enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Free entrance or discounted registration rates to networking and professional development events.
- Special offers from our Associate Trading Members (see below).
- Boost your brand by becoming part of a well-respected community of leaders and decision makers in the language travel industry.
- Showcase your connections and status through the use of the ALTO logo on your marketing materials.
- Accurate and pertinent industry data to help you in your strategic planning (e.g. ongoing research, ALTO Pulse, Benchmarking from 2013)
- 24/7 access to the online members’ area (coming soon!) where you can watch the video recordings and access materials from previous leadership seminars, as well as network online with fellow ALTO members.
The ALTO Board is also committed to:
- Fostering an awareness of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and sustainability amongst members through various educational seminars (e.g. our London 2013 event).
- Attracting and developing the leaders of tomorrow so as to ensure the succession, sustainability and growth of our industry (project under discussion with Greenwich University).
- Working with national associations to help provide them with a global perspective on the industry (we have 20 association members).
- Raising the international profile of the language travel industry within the global economy through benchmarking.
Special offers for members
In addition to the benefits above, we are happy to extend the following special offers listed below from our Associate Trading Members.
When you add up these discounts, your savings are actually higher than the cost of membership!
|ST Alphe Conferences
20% off ST Alphe UK + 5% new client discount
Discounted online audit
Discounted ICEF Berlin 2018 Registration
|The PIE||150 EUR|
|TOTAL SAVINGS||1745 EUR|
As a reminder, our annual fees are only 1490 EUR, and by joining, you’ll save at least 1745 EUR!
Special Offers for Members
- Online audit at a discounted fee of 150 GBP (from 295 GBP).
- Offer valid until 30/04/2018.
- Contact: inline.marketing
- No accommodation booking fee to any ALTO member.
- Offer valid until 31/12/2018.
- Contact: Harsha @ Hosts International
ICEF & Course Finders
- Save 700 Euros – book the ICEF Berlin Workshop 2018 at a special ALTO educator’s rate of 3700 EUR.
- Buy 300 Euros and get 450 Euros credit on coursefinders.com.
- New! Buy an annual subscription for 480 Euros and all your price data will be uploaded for free.
- Offer valid until 31/03/2018.
- Contact: Harold Kreiner, ICEF GmbH
- 15% discount on advertising with The PIE in The PIE Weekly, The PIE News and The PIE Review.
- 2x middle banners: £765 (normal price £900) in the PIE Weekly.
- 3 months right-side advert 2 on our homepage: £1570 (normally £1850) on the PIE News website.
- Full page ad: £2140 (normally £2520) in the PIE Review.
- Offer valid until 10/03/2018.
- Contact: Jane Gilham, The PIE
ST Alphe Conferences
- Guaranteed 20% off ST Alphe Secondary Focus Frankfurt, Russia, Korea, Japan 2018 and Spain 2019
- Guaranteed 10% off ST Alphe UK
- Guaranteed 5% off ST Alphe Spain, Asia, Taiwan, Istanbul, Brazil and Secondary Focus London 2018
- New clients will also receive an additional 5% new client discount!
- ALTO members are also eligible for our “3 for 2” discount – book 2 events and your 3rd is completely FREE!
- Offer valid until 27/04/2018.
- Contact: Ashley Rees