Why should I join ALTO?
Being a member of ALTO opens the doors to the best in the industry.
ALTO brings together top-notch names in language and educational travel, creating opportunities for you to forge relationships with senior-level executives and engage in high-level knowledge sharing, brainstorming, and idea exchange.
The association provides interactive events several times a year, offering members a chance to openly discuss current challenges and opportunities for growth in the educational travel industry. ALTO also invites high-profile guest speakers to conduct thought-provoking seminars and educational workshops.
The association’s aim is to offer continuous value to its members. ALTO members enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Free entrance or discounted registration rates to networking and professional development events.
- Special offers from our Associate Trading Members (see below).
- Boost your brand by becoming part of a well-respected community of leaders and decision makers in the educational travel industry.
- Showcase your connections and status through the use of the ALTO logo on your marketing materials.
- Accurate and pertinent industry data to help you in your strategic planning
- 24/7 access to the online members’ area where you can watch the video recordings and access materials from previous leadership seminars, as well as network online with fellow ALTO members.
The ALTO Board is also committed to:
- Fostering an awareness of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and sustainability amongst members through various educational seminars.
- Attracting and developing the leaders of tomorrow so as to ensure the succession, sustainability and growth of our industry.
- Working with national and international associations to help provide them with a global perspective on the industry (we have 18 association members).
- Raising the international profile of the language and educational travel industry within the global economy through benchmarking.
Special offers for members
In addition to the benefits above, we are happy to extend the following special offers listed below from our Associate Trading Members.
When you add up these discounts, your savings are actually higher than the cost of membership!
For example: (scroll down for detailed information)
|ST Alphe 2020 and ST Magazine
20% off ST Alphe UK + 5% new client discount
Discounted ICEF Berlin 2020 Registration 3700 EUR
|Schools & Agents
10% discount on Platinum membership
20% discount on adverts
|Book & Learn – new client offer for Agents!
25% from membership fees
1 year free price calculator/course finder tool on website
| 120 EUR
|TOTAL SAVINGS – AGENTS
TOTAL SAVINGS – SCHOOLS
As a reminder, our annual fees are only 1550 EUR, and by joining, you’ll save approx. 1800 EUR as a school or 2510 EUR as an agent!
Special Offers for Members
Book & Learn
- 25% from membership fees.
One year free use of course finder/price calculator web integrations (with one time set-up fee of $150)
- Promotion available exclusively to ALTO member agents registering to begin collaborating with Book&Learn in 2020
- Offer valid in 2020.
- Contact: Jamie Gibbs
ICEF Berlin Workshop 2020
- Save 700 Euros – book the ICEF Berlin Workshop 2019 at a special ALTO educator’s rate of 3700 EUR.
- Offer valid until 31/03/2020.
- Contact: Harald Kreiner, ICEF GmbH
- 20% discount on advertising with The PIE in The PIE Weekly newsletter, www.thepienews.com and The PIE Review magazine.
- Offer valid until 31/03/2020.
- Contact: Jane Gilham, The PIE
ST Alphe Conferences & ST Magazine
- Guaranteed 20% off ST Alphe UK, Secondary Focus Frankfurt, Russia, Korea, Japan 2019
- Guaranteed 10% off ST Aphe Spain, Asia, Taiwan, Secondary Focus Hong Kong, Istanbul, Brazil and Secondary Focus London 2019
- New clients will also receive an additional 5% new client discount!
- ALTO members are also eligible for our “3 for 2” discount – book 2 events and your 3rd is completely FREE!
- Offer valid until 31/01/2020.
- Contact: Ashley Rees
- Book a full page in the April, May or June 2020 issue of StudyTravel Magazine by the 7th February and get it for the price of a half page advert. Reference ‘Power of Print’ to claim the deal.
- Book 2 inserts and get a free full page advert.
- One flyer sent with an issue of STM to 7000 agencies for £2,297 up to 10g
- 3for2 on our digital advertising options
- Contact: Jenny or call +44 (0)207 440 4029
Schools & Agents
- Save 50 Euros – Get Platinum membership at 450 EUR instead of 500.
- Offer valid until 30/06/2020.
- Contact: Bernice