Why should I join ALTO?
Being a member of ALTO opens the door to the best in the industry.
ALTO brings together top-notch names in language travel, creating opportunities for you to forge relationships with senior-level executives and engage in high-level knowledge sharing, brainstorming, and idea exchange.
The association provides interactive events several times a year, offering members a chance to openly discuss current challenges and opportunities for growth in the educational travel industry. ALTO also invites high-profile guest speakers to conduct thought-provoking seminars and educational workshops.
The association’s aim is to offer continuous value to its members. ALTO members enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Free entrance or discounted registration rates to networking and professional development events.
- Boost your brand by becoming part of a well-respected community of leaders and decision makers in the language travel industry.
- Showcase your connections and status through the use of the ALTO logo on your marketing materials.
- Accurate and pertinent industry data to help you in your strategic planning (ALTO Pulse + Benchmarking from 2013)
- 24/7 access to the online members’ area (link to sign in) where you can watch the video recordings and access materials from previous leadership seminars, as well as network online with fellow ALTO members.
The ALTO Board is also committed to:
- Fostering an awareness of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and sustainability amongst members through various educational seminars (link to London 2013 event).
- Attracting and developing the leaders of tomorrow so as to ensure the succession, sustainability and growth of our industry (project under discussion with Greenwich University).
- Working with national associations to help provide them with a global perspective on the industry (we have 20 association members).
- Raising the international profile of the language travel industry within the global economy through benchmarking.
Special offers for members
In addition to the benefits above, we are happy to extend the following special offers from our Associate Trading Members:
ICEF & Course Finders
- Save 700 Euros – book the ICEF Berlin Workshop 2017 at a special ALTO educator’s rate of 3700 EUR.
- Save 150 Euros – language providers can list their school on Coursefinders.com with a full profile and a credit of 450 EUR for the rate of 300 EUR.
- Offer valid until 31/03/17
- Contact: Harold Kreiner, ICEF GmbH
- Save 20% off design, 10% off translation, free storage pick and pack service and distribution savings of up to 50% with inline.marketing.
- Offer valid until 31/12/17
- Contact: inline
- 15% discount on advertising with The PIE in The PIE weekly, The PIE News and The PIE Review.
- Offer valid until 10/03/2017
- Contact: Jane Gilham, The PIE