ALTO Day Berlin 2018
4 November @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
We look forward to seeing you again in Berlin for a full day of CDP session, lunch and networking. This year’s Annual General Meeting will include elections of our Board Members.
Planned schedule (book your flight to arrive on Saturday 3rd November)
10:00-11:30 – AGM
11:50-13:30 – Keynote Speaker Norman Kurtis: Behavioural Fitness – part 1
13:40-15:00 – Networking lunch
15:30-17:00 – Keynote Speaker Norman Kurtis: Behavioural Fitness – part 2 (this session is open to ALTO members and all ICEF participants)
Norman Kurtis Behavioural Fitness
Session summary – morning session
Part 1: Intro + setting the scene
- Executives suffer growing stress and demands and have many behaviours they would like to improve
- Behavioral fitness is IE’s approach to train daily behaviors that drive success at work
- Introduce the three pillars of Behavioral Fitness:
- Mindware Training: rewire the way we think and behave
- Positive Development: rethink the way we lead and manage
- Habit-hacking: a powerful methodology to succeed in making behavior change happen
Part 2: Focus on Mindware Training
- Cognitive limitations humans have (short-term memory, attention, perception, etc.)
- Mental biases we all fall into (Confirmation bias, Self-fulfilling prophecy, Gambler’s fallacy, Halo effect, Anchoring, etc.)
- Tools / Frameworks / mental states we should be aware of to combat mental biases, think better and make better decisions
Part 3: Wrap-up and Q&A
More information about the afternoon session coming soon.
Introducing Norman Kurtis Keynote Speaker
Vice Dean, Behavior & Human Development
IE School of Human Sciences & Technology
Norman worked at Accenture and, since consulting is about changing behaviors, developed an interest in this area. Then he spent most of his career in helping clients make better decisions based on consumer and voter behavior — and that led to further interest in the science behind habits and shifted from consumer behavior to workplace behavior.
During his career he has lived/worked in Brazil, England, France, Germany, Spain, Turkey and the United States.
Academic Background / Experience
- BBA in Finance and BA in French Literature at the University of Notre Dame, USA
- MBA at the London Business School
- Professor “Behavioral Fitness” at the IE International MBA, IE Masters in Talent Development & Human Resources, IE Masters in Digital Business and IE Executive Education Programs
- Professor “Consumer Insights and Marketing Analytics” at the IE Masters in Management Program
- Professor “Market Research Industry & Careers” at the IE Masters in Market Research & Consumer Behavior
- Professor “Marketing Research” and “Consumer Behavior” at IE University
- 50+ masterclasses done worldwide on range of topics (behavioral fitness, positive leadership, branding and insights, etc.)
- Currently: Senior Board Advisor Roamler (mobile crowdsourcing POS audit & mystery shopping solution)
- 2003-2012: CEO in Spain of several large multinational marketing and market research agencies, including Ipsos and TNS (part of Kantar / WPP)
- 1996-2003: Associate Partner Strategic Services at Accenture, focused on the FMCG and Retail markets
- 1990-1994: American Express, NY – Strategic Planning Department
As a recap , please see all the highlights of what happened in Berlin in 2017.